• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Update on hsv2 cut diagnosis

Hello,

So for those of you who read the post I made around 2 months ago I have some updates. Back in August I saw my primary doctor after itching, labia swelling, and UTI or BV like symptoms. I had no visible clusters or ulcers, just an invisible "cut" along the edge of my labia that could only be seen by pressing near it or near the swelling area. Doctor diagnosed Hsv2 by sight, prescribed valtrex (which did not work) and refused blood test or swab.

After that I went to planned parenthood to get the lab order filled out for the western blot. I was examined by an NP there who said it was absolutely not hsv2. She said she felt a cyst inside of the swelling and that the cut was where it was draining out of. I was prescribed amoxicillin and clindimyacin for 10 days. A few hours after taking them the drainage changed from a pus like color to blood red (I saw this as a good sign?). After 3 days the cut had completely healed (I had had this for nearly 4 months), itching went away, swelling completely gone, no redness or irritation. It was all gone until the day after my antibiotics were complete. After that the swelling came back, then the next day the drainage/cut came back as well. The strange thing is this time the cut and swelling healed on their own within 4 days. I had another planned parenthood follow up today and am being referred to a gynecologist.

So my question to you all is, has anyone with hsv2 felt relief from antibiotics? I know hsv is viral, not bacterial but is this a weird thing that sometimes can happen? Maybe placebo effect?

Has anyone gotten a secondary bacterial infection from their hsv? Maybe that is what the antibiotics treated?