• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

So much pain, I'm gonna die!!! :(

Hello everyone! I was diagnosed yesterday and at the beginning I was not as scared as I am now. I did an entire research on internet in this two days.

First of all I would love to know when the ulcers are leaving because almost 2 entire days have passed and this is a nightmare... is so painful. Im taking aciclovir and salty baths with warm water as well... for the moment nothing has challenged.

also i got a cream on boots called bonjela wich is says is for mouth ulcers and I don’t know if its ok keep using it.

Honestly I was not scared about this disease but after reading and reading about the setbacks NOW I don’t know what to think about I guess I need to wait and see what happen.

Thank you!!!!

• mr_hopp changed the title to So much pain, I'm gonna die!!! :(

I’m so sorry you’re in so much pain! Unfortunately this is quite common to have a super intense primary outbreak (especially for women because of more mucous membrane). But don’t let this paint a picture of what the rest of your outbreaks and life will be! The good news? As your body develops more antibodies, your body will naturally suppress the virus more and more, so outbreaks will be less frequent and less severe. It takes on average 6 months to a year for antibodies to build up and do their work. 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

First outbreak is the worst.  I don't know if this is true, but my gut tells me the worst your initial outbreak the better your body handles it in the future.  I can still remember my first outbreak so many years ago.  But, I can't even remember my "last" outbreak.  That too was also I guess years ago.  Take your vitamins, eat healthy, and try to get some exercise (probably difficult to do during your first outbreak).  It does get easier regarding the outbreaks.