• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Im new to this...

Hi! I just found out I may have herpes. It started few days ago with a line in my genitalia that was feeling quite sore...then few pimples grew around but nothing serious. Actually the main hurting thing may be that line that I said before. I even thought it was a kind if dermatitis since I'm allergic to such things as toilet paper...But hell its so painful when I try to pee. It's my first outbreak. I just started taking the treatment of acyclovir and hoping it start working fast. I'm tired of feeling like this. Ive been in a relationship with someone for over a year now and never ever had this kind of stuff till now. He doesn't have any symptom or else (is that even possible?) I'm not gonna lie...I'm 27 and I felt for a moment that my life was over. I need some advise how to deal with all this. 

• Like 1

Yes, it is possible for an individual to be asymptomatic and have the disease.

The initial shock of being diagnosed with the disease can be overwhelming, however it gets easier. Research states outbreaks will become fewer in the years to come. Continue to take the acyclovir. You can take it on a daily basis to minimize outbreaks.

Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

Thank you for this Kellz. Today I'm feeling better so I'm guessing the treatment is working. I've been readin A LOT about this. I read that it's good to keep a healthy inmune system taking supplements as omega 3 and vitamins. Today I talked to my partner and he's giving me so much support and obviously he knows he might have it and passed it to me also. We are alright. So...so far this is helping in our relationship and from now on I'm going to take better care of myself to prevents outbreaks