• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Can botox cause herpes outbreaks?

Hi all,

It’s been a little since I posted. I have a question that I’m not sure if anyone can answer. I have hsv genitally, taking valtrex etc. outbreak control have been good for a few months, I think for me a lot has to do with my hormones. Anyway...I scheduled an appointment for Botox for my crows feet around my eyes. Does anyone know if Botox can cause an outbreak? I was filling out the medical form for the office I’m going to and I did not check off the box that listed “herpes-genitally”. This isn’t my doctor and I’m not comfortable disclosing that to someone who I just met who is giving me some botox, but I do want to know if anyone has had botox and it has caused an outbreak. I thought it was weird on the health form that genital herpes was listed under “auto immune” problems and not under the the “gynecological/std” column. So it got me wondering, shit, could botox in my face cause a genital outbreak.  

• mr_hopp changed the title to Can botox cause herpes outbreaks?
  • 2 weeks later...