• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

When will symptoms go away?

Hi Everyone.  I'm really glad I found this place.  First post in here.  I just tested positive for HSV2.  What started as a small bump, turned into another and then I went to the OBGYN out of concern and was swabbed and they took blood.  That was last Friday.  Got a call from the Dr yesterday that the swab came back positive but he's still waiting for the blood test results.  I'm devastated to say the least.  Anyway, during this time I have had the flu like symptoms, my right leg muscles have been hurting (quad today, hamstring tomorrow, groin the next, etc), I have no desire to do anything and I have a loss of appetite.  Before this happened I was running and working out 4 to 5 days a week, now I have no energy or desire to do so.  Will these symptoms go away?  My right leg issue is really concerning.  I thought that it was from working out too hard but then it would be both legs and my left leg has been fine through this.  Any thoughts?  Will these symptoms go away as the virus does?  I'm on day 8 of the antibiotic.  Thank you.

Hi and welcome! Ah, the first is always the worst. Your immune system is working hard to get the virus under control, so be patient with yourself, take care of yourself and get plenty of sleep. What you're feeling in your leg is the virus moving through those nerve pathways, so that will subside. You will be able to run again, I promise you! For now, treat this as a hibernation of sorts as your body acclimates to this new situation. I know it's hard. We have all been there. And I'll tell you what: Your mind is going to be your biggest hurdle. Check your self-limiting thoughts and don't let them harden into beliefs. This is more of a mental test than a physical one. If you can use this time as leverage to up your mental game, your attitude, your identity, and your perspective, you'll be that much better for it. You got this. 

• Like 2

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

@mr_hopp Thank you for explaining that. I did try to run a few days ago and while the run felt good,  my leg hurt really bad after so I haven't run since.  This is really hard mentally,  emotionally,  and physically.   The thoughts in my head are out of control but I've been reading through the posts here and watching many of your videos to try to come to terms with this.  Right now I just want my body back to normal before I really dive into the emotional side of this.   I just turned 40 which was hard enough and now this.  😔

You will get your body back, especially since it sounds like you're super healthy. That gives your immune system a leg up! It normally takes about 6 months to a year for your body to really get the virus under control, but it's not always going to be like it is now. It gets progressively better. 

• Like 1

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: