• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Outbreak only ever after sex

Hi ya'll.  Im a female. I was diagnosed with HSV-1 (genital) over 10 years ago after one outbreak and I never had an outbreak since. Then my long term partner (who does not have the virus, that he knows of anyway) and I had sex and I had an outbreak, I was so confused as id pretty much forgot I had it. The clinic said because I have type 1 and not 2 its unlikely to come back quickly. I then had sex once the sore had cleared and it came back again?!?!?! I have cried so much, not slept, and am genuinely scared to have sex now in case it keeps coming back. My trigger is clearly friction and friction only. We've bought lube to see if that helps but just wondering if anyone else has got any tips for me or who is experiencing friction being their only trigger too? Thanks! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sores on the inside of my lip in a cluster for the first outbreak and the second outbreak was just below my vagina. I had started a diet but was eating so many more vegetables and fruit so its strange how it restarted after so many years when I was eating the healthiest I ever had been. Stress wise I was also the happiest I had been in a long time. Overall I cant explain it, I'm just praying to the high heavens it doesn't happen again. Thank you for your reply!! 

• 2 months later...