• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Covid vaccine and outbreaks

Has anyone gotten the covid vaccine and experienced outbreaks afterwards? I’ve been pretty free of outbreaks lately then I got the first dose of the moderna covid vaccine. One week later to the day, outbreak. Then one week later...another one. Ugh, it scaring me. 

I am having a terrible experience.  I was unaware I had herpies. I was even tested in June of 2015 and was IGA and IGG negative.  This was after having waited the 6 weeks.  I was confident I was negative and was for all 10 STD tested.  I am having a huge outbreak.  I have never had an initial outbreak that I know of.  I am not 💯 sure that it is Herpies 2 but it presents as such.  I get my results from a recent test tomorrow or this weekend.  My symptoms started the day following vaccination.  7 days later I an still very sick with sores in multiple locations.   I’m sad, confused, and angry and in pain.  I hope I am having a Zoster reaction but my blisters look more like Herpies 2 and they are on the shaft and buttocks both.  Plus they don’t look like the images of shingles.  I have called VAERS. They took down notes on my reaction and are forwarding it to the CDC.  This is not an isolated thing in my opinion. There is a scientific study linking Covid vaccination to Herpies Zoster. It seems like there will be others that have this happen.  I’m in a lot of pain and was completely caught off gaurd. I encourage anyone that has an outbreak of I or II after getting the vaccine to call the number above.  I sorry for your outbreak.  This is beyond words for me.   

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2021 at 9:29 PM, Fmals said:

Has anyone gotten the covid vaccine and experienced outbreaks afterwards? I’ve been pretty free of outbreaks lately then I got the first dose of the moderna covid vaccine. One week later to the day, outbreak. Then one week later...another one. Ugh, it scaring me. 

Yes!  I haven’t had an outbreak in YEARS, but I got the Pfizer shot around 3/7 and on 3/20, I began having the WORST outbreak I’ve had since the first one.  I’m dreading my second shot because I’m worried this is going to happen again!

I got my first covid shot at the beginning of the month. Had my first hsv2 outbreak starting two weeks ago. Idk if the shot exacerbated it or if my long term bf (who was unaware) just had an outbreak recently and maybe this was my first exposure? It happened after a few days of sex. Then I shaved and started my period which can make it worse. Maybe it's a combination of things? I need to find out if the antivirals affect the shot