• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I am bisexual and I have anal herpes (HSV-2), can I infect my current partner (female) through vaginal intercourse?

Hi there! I was diagnosed with anal herpes about 4 weeks ago when the first outbreak appeared, It was really painful and annoying but I took Zovirex and now I am fine. The blisters appeared only on the anus and not on the penis or anywhere else as a result of having anal sex without condom many weeks ago. I am not currently taking any medications because I am relatively new to this and have not talked to my doctor about the possibility of taking medications on a daily basis. I currently have a female partner and I would like to know if the risk of infecting her through sex that involves my penis is lower since my herpes is only in my anus. Thanks in advance. 

• 3 weeks later...

You  may hear or read that herpe blisters will pop up in the same area each time there's an outbreak.  However that's not exactly accurate. 

There's been a couple of posts  here from members who have HSV2 shared that blisters turn up in different areas in separate outbreaks.   That has happened to me.  I have Hsv2. 

Blisters at first outbreak was in the perineum area below vagina area.   Another outbreak 2 years later was right on my Anus and it was a shock to me.   I hand wash regularly and very careful during an outbreak so I'm not sure if I was able to transmit from point A to point B via my hand.  And I have not had new partners or anal sex in many years.    But that's two separate areas that I  have had blisters outbreak.   

So I am no expert but from what I understand   Hsv2 anal herpes is still the HSV2 virus and so it is possible to get blisters pop up in different areas.