• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Disclosure to new dating partner

Hi all.

I am looking for abit of advice please, I was diagnosed with HSV-2 a few years ago, and I feel it affected me a lot. I haven’t slept with anyone since, however I have just gone back in to the dating world and have met a lady, we have a great connection and have met up five times now. I feel we are nearing the next step, and it is my duty to explain to her that I have the virus.

Would anyone be able to offer me any advice on the best way to raise the subject please?

Many thanks!

Hi @paul123789 and welcome!

Have you downloaded the free e-book and handouts yet? Those will get you on the right path. You can download them for free here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

... and here is a video on disclosure that you might find helpful:

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Thanks for the info, I read through one of your ebooks which helped me gather information!

I disclosed to my new dating partner on Friday, I was able to fit it into a conversation previously that I wanted to make her aware of something on the weekend.

When I raised the topic, she was extremely nervous about what I was going to say. I explained to her that it was important for me to tell her.

All went well, but I am picking up that she has changed her communication tone and gone abit distant. I know it’s only been a couple of days, and maybe my mind is playing tricks on me l, how do you recommend going about this situation?

thanks