• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Continuous outbreaks

I found out I had herpes last summer, pretty sure contract after sleeping with man one time in March without a condom I was drunk and stupid. I just can’t seem to heal and move on or forgive myself with these constant outbreaks and symptoms.. I really just don’t want to be here anymore.. I’m only 18 and I just can’t see myself being happy and enjoying life for the rest of my life this way. I’ve been on the suppressive therapy and it’s no help every month I get a new outbreak and in between still doesn’t feel right fully down there. I feel like I’m never gonna have a sex life again.. I have no partner I told my ex after we were sleeping with each other again before I found out but he was in another relationship by time I talked to it with him and who knows if he even got tested. Never talked to other guy bout it other than cussing him out when he tried texting me saying he gave me a std but I never specified and he denied.. idk what to do I’ve felt so lonely for months now but I don’t want to put this burden on anyone else and it seems like nothing I do helps.. any advice?

Hi. I am a male so may differ slightly in terms of symptoms experienced, however I have had HSV2 for four years ago now.

For about 18 months I had outbreaks pretty much all the time, I went about 5 days without one and then it would hit me hard.  I understand how you feel, as I experienced what you did, however the best thing I did is spoke to the sexual health clinic, and asked to go on the daily suppressive therapy. I don’t know if you’re taking this daily? Maybe they need to increase your dose?

I have been taking tablets for 6 months daily now, and I haven’t had one outbreak. I don’t get affected by the virus now (touch wood it continues), and I have found it has given me a lot more confidence in disclosing.

I hope this helps you somewhat. Stay positive, it does get better.

Thank you for responding, I have the daily suppressive but I haven’t been taking them countipusly enough I just seem to give up everytime cause they don’t seem to be working, but I’m gonna start being consistent with them and then talk to my doctor about upping the dose if that doesn’t help, thank you. 

Going through the same thing. I feel like I have too much more life to live to have to live with this for the rest of my life. I cursed my ex out for giving me this because he knew he would get cold sores and never told me. Ended up giving me ghsv1 and everyday I have a burning sensation down there. It’s been almost 2 months since this started and I can’t go on like this. How am I supposed to cope with the fact that I have this when I’m uncomfortable everyday?! 

Not sure if this helps but at least the chances of your hsv1 calming down and only having 1 outbreak a year after the 6-1 year mark may be comforting.. I know nothing seems to help feel better because there is no real solution.. I hope things get better for you, you can always message me too.