• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

• lifestyle guides

Constant outbreaks for 4 months?

Hi everyone. I got diagnosed with HSV2 in December and ever since there has not been a day that has gone by without me having at least one sore down there. Every single day for 4 months I have had a sore present. I’m unsure what to do - I’ve taken acyclovir x3, I’m on 1,500mg lysine a day, I haven’t worn underwear since, I avoid high arginine and trigger foods and I haven’t had any form of intercourse or even masturbation out of fear of making everything worse. I don’t know what else I can do - I’m young and otherwise healthy but this feels like it’ll never fade. Can anybody help me? I am struggling to find anybody who has suffered with a sore every single day. 

23 minutes ago, NJRunnerMom said:

Have you gone back to your OBGYN to make sure these are in fact herpes sores?

Hi, I have been to two! Theyve both confirmed it’s hsv2 and I’ve had tests for all other STIs and bv/thrush that have come back negative. A part of me was *hoping* something else was wrong to show me a solution but from what I am aware it’s just herpes. 

Darn, I was thinking it may be something else too but if you've been back then it sounds like it is from HSV.  I'm sorry you're going through this.  What about switching to Valtrex instead?  Have you tried that?  Maybe acyclovir isn't working for you.