• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Hi guys. 

I guess i could start off by just saying this was a huge slap in the face for me. I have always tried to be so safe and constantly got tested. Something I never realized was they do not test herpes on a routine testing. I mean, I was never really concerned because I've only had 3 partners who were supposedly monogamous, but here we are now. Confused, lost, and sad. 

I've come to realization that this is the new life I have to live and something I have to accept and it is okay to be a little more different than everybody else. 

I guess the only thing I need help with is some questions I need answered from people who have in my position. 

I had my first outbreak almost 2 months ago and my doctors did not catch it until the 6th week in. Agonizing pain and constant confusion. 

I did not have any sores, but more so papercut type cuts on my inner lips. I also struggled with weird discolored discharge that was cottage cheese like. I don't know why I am talking past tense, but i haven't touched down there to see if there are any more cuts or even feel a burn when i pee or wash up. BUT the discharge will not stop coming out chunky and WEIRD. Is this normal?? does it eventually go away? Also, I feel like my vagina is still inflamed and sort of red. Is that normal as well? I haven't gotten any answers from my doctors. PLEASE HELP ME i am going stir crazy. 

Did they do swabs to test? I have never had discharge but doesn't mean you can't. The discharge sounds more yeast infection like. It seems everyone has vastly different experiences. Are you taking any anti viral meds to help with breakouts?

I too was always careful and was married for a long time. Got divorced and had sex with a long time friend who has also married for a ling time. Problem was he is asymptomatic and had no idea his ex gave it to him. She was not monogamous. Sad to say it seems to happen a lot. I hope you get relief soon. Hugs!

• Like 1

You need to get physical relief so you can get emotional healing. Sounds more Ike a yeast infection. It’s so hard to tell. I had a UTI at the same time and didn’t know it because I was blaming everything on herpes. Don’t be afraid to be your own medical advocate!! Big hugs!

6 hours ago, beihaigirl2004 said:

Did they do swabs to test? I have never had discharge but doesn't mean you can't. The discharge sounds more yeast infection like. It seems everyone has vastly different experiences. Are you taking any anti viral meds to help with breakouts?

I too was always careful and was married for a long time. Got divorced and had sex with a long time friend who has also married for a ling time. Problem was he is asymptomatic and had no idea his ex gave it to him. She was not monogamous. Sad to say it seems to happen a lot. I hope you get relief soon. Hugs!

They swab tested me and it came back positive HSV2. I also got tested for a yeast infection and other stuff, but it all came back negative for those. Im struggling with the discharge, its so thick and chunky and there is SO MUCH. I am taking an antiviral, acyclovir. It has only been 4 days, so im just trying to ride this out, but i truly think my HSV2 might have to do with the discharge. I am also getting weird abdominal pain. Do you have any suggestions on destressing? 

5 hours ago, Sarah317 said:

You need to get physical relief so you can get emotional healing. Sounds more Ike a yeast infection. It’s so hard to tell. I had a UTI at the same time and didn’t know it because I was blaming everything on herpes. Don’t be afraid to be your own medical advocate!! Big hugs!

Not a yeast infection 😢 I am about to LOSE my mind. I can't handle this anymore. Thank you guys for your kind words @Sarah317 and @beihaigirl2004 I am at my wits end. I can't do this anymore, I feel SO defeated. 

• Like 1

Hi I have had the same experience I only got it  a month or so ago from being date raped which leaves me feeling so defiled and angry.   I had non-stop stomach pain and the same kind of discharge.  I have been on a strong probiotic Women’s Flora Balance and Nilstat which helps get your internals back to the right acidic environment.   Mine was Thrush but I also have got BV in the past as well I would highly recommend getting some treatment for thrush even though they test came back negative. See if it helps. I’m in the same boat it’s so confronting and depressing. 

• 4 weeks later...