• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

To my weed/tobacco smokers

I’ve been a weed smoker for about 2-3 years consistently daily often in a backwood so with tobacco and I know smoking can be a trigger for a lot, but I just wanted to hear from my weed smokers if anyone else too would get triggered from the weed or if I should just try eliminating the tobacco and smoking it alone. I’ve been in this bad cycle of consistent outbreaks for months and I feel I don’t feel happy without the weed but also fear it’s what’s causing me to have these constant outbreaks. I am also taking suppressive meds of 400mg a day, but I see no help. I guess I should take break smoking to find out, but it’s hard cause it’s what helps me mentally to deal with this, but if it’s the cause I will quit. I also have a vape with nicotine in it so that might be the problem? Any tips or advice would be helpful thank you

Well, the smoking (cigs or weed) certainly isn't helping the outbreaks! 😃 Smoking in general is a big hit to your immune system, so any natural immunity you have built up over time gets decimated when you smoke. I would definitely suggest at least slowing down to give your body and the meds a better chance of staving off outbreaks.

In the long run, planning on quitting (or dramatically decreasing) will be most healthy for you on multiple levels since it sounds like you're using weed as a crutch to feel better. And you know what, you have the ability to feel better inside yourself without any substances, I promise you!

And I get it; it might feel like all too much to process without some numbing or distracting agent to help distance yourself from the feelings, but here's the thing: Those feelings will still be there in the future, to be worked through eventually. So get the support and tools you need and take this as your opportunity to dive into releasing the shame. It's a process that takes courage and commitment, but ultimately it's such a freeing process ... 

• Like 2

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: