• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Groin pain

I have had hsv 2 for about 6 months now. My partner has it too (where I got it from). We had unprotected sex for the first time since we have been diagnosed about a week ago. I’m having pain in my groin again (the type of pain I had when I had my first out break) . Previously when we would have sex, we used protection and I had no issues, now this time when we decide to “free ball”  here come this annoying shit. He’s asymptotic so of course he’s chilling. My question is,  is this normal with my new herpy body or is there maybe a bigger issue going on and I should contact my doctor. I was thinking it could be a prodrome symptom (I’m on daily antivirals) but according to google, they ain’t say nothing about groin pain. Also me and my partner got tested for stds “everything” and nothing else popped up and I’m almost sure he’s not cheating because we both fear the embarrassment.... nor do we want to have “the talk” with future partners

I’m not sure what’s “normal” for me anymore. Because I have this virus in my body, I’m not sure when to run to the doctor or when to relax because it could all be included I’m my herpes package  

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! Totally normal to have this kind of experience during the first year of infection. Sounds like nerve pain? That's pretty common. Hang in there. Your body is still in the midst of building up antibodies to naturally suppress this over time. You got this. 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: