• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Just found out I have herpes

Hi so I just found out I have herpes 1 and 2. I’m very scared and anxious about this whole thing. I’ve always been so careful and now I feel disgusted with myself. I have so many questions I talked to 2 doctors my obgyn and my primary which seem to have a conflict of information. One says I cannot transmit to my children by sharing utensils or bath towels and the other says never ever share anything with anybody. I’ve been on suppressing treatment because I’m so paranoid about my situation but I am still so unsure about how it works. I’ve been doing my own research but everything is so conflicting. Can anyone give me some real facts?

Hi Brii,

You are not alone on this.
THe answer is NO. Your kids won't get it sharing spoons or towels. It is skin to skin contact.
Regarding Herpes 1, 50-80% of americans already have it. If your kids don't catch it from you, they will end up catching it from kissing in the future.
About herpes-2. Well. I'd suggest to ask your partner to get tested and know if you both have it, so you can make choices about your sex life.

Check this video, you will get all the informatino you need from Terry Warren. SHe is one of the best researchers and experts about herpes. If you like it, keeo watching interviews with her. There is a podcast with her in this website. Other well known researcher is Peter Leone. Here I attache the link as well.
THe only advise I can give you, STOP looking for information in internet from people that don't know about it. Even doctors are ignorant about it. 

• Like 1