• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

% of potential transmission ?

Hi everyone. 
I’ve had Hsv 2 since 2014, and have been with my husband since 2015 and he knows. I wasn’t officially diagnosed until 2019 with a blood test. My outbreaks are 1-2 yearly and we avoid sex and I take valyclovir when outbreak it present but I don’t take daily suppression and we have regular unprotected sex any other time. My hubby has never been tested but if he has caught it from me then he’s not symptomatic. Here’s my question. I normally can catch an outbreak coming, I get the normal feeling under the weather, tingling sensation just before the sores but I messed up, I haven’t had an outbreak in over a year and yesterday I started to feel a little under the weather but I’d just had my second covid vaccine and put it down to that, my husband and I had sex that evening and it was a little sore for me and afterward the tell tale tingling came and I know for fact I’ll prob get a sore in the next day or two. This is the first time I can 100% say I may have exposed him to the virus (at an outbreak) and can’t stop thinking about it, even though he doesn’t seem fussed! Does any one have statistic on what the transmission rate is for the first stage of an outbreak? There’s no sores. Thank you! 

I think you should take the lead from your husband - he will have come to terms with the risk of getting it, and clearly isn't 'fussed' to use his words! There's a fair chance he's already got it from asymptomatic shedding, so you probably won't be able to pin it to this one event.

If he gets a test and is positive, would it really change anything?

• Like 1