• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Disclosed and rejected ...again

So I recently disclosed to a guy, we’ve been friends for a while and it started becoming something more so I decided to bite the bullet and disclose. He said he wanted to go away and read up, seemed fair enough. Since then he’s firmly placed me back in the friend zone without even discussing herpes further. In the few years since my diagnosis this is only the third potential partner I’ve disclosed too. I find the rejection really hard to deal with, to be rejected for this thing I have no control over and does not play an important part in my every day life just crushes me abit. I’m wondering if anyone has tried a herpes positive dating site? Previously I’ve not been a fan of the idea but the thought of another disclosure just fills me with dread 

I hear you. It totally sucks. It’s just a cold sore in reality but we totally beat ourselves up over it. 
I disclosed after 12 years single. He choose to stay with me and I was so happy but he had a change of heart and decided he ‘didn’t want to risk it’ after a few months. 
This is after he got a blister on his penis so I think he may be too late - even though I did everything to protect him(long story). 
It’s not fair and it really hurts. Especially when you’ve been so honest and open. 
I’m sorry for what’s happened to you. I know you have to stay positive. I think maybe these have dating websites might not be so bad. I wish you the best of luck. X