• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Hello, Everyone ❤️

Today was a really rough day. I had a nervous breakdown and just really hit a low. I vented everything to my mom, and explained my OCD, herpes fears, and feelings of guilt and shame around having my herpes. My mom was kind and understanding. It is really awkward to talk to your mom about herpes, especially when they are strict. I told her that I constantly feel afraid I will give my family herpes by sharing food, doing laundry, even touching objects, even though the science says that is not how it works.  Honestly, the times when we feel like we will be harshly judged and should keep quiet are actually the times when we NEED to talk and actually won't be judged. The people who really love us will be understanding. I told my mom that I was afraid she would judge me or be disappointed in me, but she wasn't. She said, "You trusted someone and they ended up giving this to you, and that isn't your fault." And she is so right. She told me I'm not dirty or less of a person, and this really really meant so much to me. 

Please know that disclosing your HSV to someone close to you who is kind and accepting can help release SO much pressure and secrets, and I feel so much more free and able to heal. My feelings of guilt and shame disappeared and I gained a comforting resource, my mom, to help me through my journey. 

❤️🍀🌼☀️ Yay for kind understanding humans! I love my mama bear 🐻❤️!!!

• Like 2

That’s really lovely. My mum keeps asking about my breakup and is convinced we will get back together but I can’t tell her the reason as I think she and dad would be shocked beyond belief. 
it’s so nice to hear your mum support you like that and to have someone to talk things through in new relationships. 

• Like 1

@DistressedLady Hello! ☀️🌼

Aw, thank you for your kind words. I am really happy my mom was supportive! 

It's okay if you can't tell your parents, especially if it would cause more stress for you. I'm sorry that your mom keeps pressing about getting back together with your ex.  That will all go away when you find an even better new significant other 😉❤️!!!!!

Stay strong! You are loved and deserving of love and joy. 🌼☀️❤️🌄🌈

• Like 1

Flowerteacher55:  I'm so sorry you had such a bad day.  I hope you are feeling better.  My family doesn't know, and I will not tell them.  As of 4/25, I am parentless, and I don't need to tell my siblings.  I actually don't trust my brother-in-law (so ignorant about a lot of things...he's an idiot) or my sister-in-law to hold me in confidence.

I only told 2 people when I was diagnosed 5 yrs. ago.  I just don't want to tell anyone else, and I'm OK with that.  Right now, I'm happy not to have any outbreaks, and I pray for a cure for the millions of people who carry HSV.  I've read information online that gives me hope for that.  🤞

• Like 2

@Southpaw Hi!! Thank you so much for your kind words. I had another panic attack today due to some PTSD issues but I am feeling much better now that I got to vent and cry, and I am relaxed and drinking tea 🍵❤️.

I am sorry for your loss of your parents. May they be blessed and in heaven ❤️. I'm so happy they raised a human like you! ☀️❤️!

I am so sorry to hear about your family's lack of kindness and support for HSV. It's frustrating when people choose to be ignorant. However, don't let the chumps get you down. Chumps will be chumpin' (will version of 'haters gonna hate'). Haha lol. 

Stay strong and be well ❤️ yes! Let's pray and hope for a cure and for help for all those affected ❤️🌈🌼

Sending light and love your way!!! ☀️🌄🌈🌼❤️!!!

• Like 1

Shoot the only person that knows my status is the guy who gave it to me and this group lol. I’m not ready. My friends are ignorant (I love them but they are fools) and I just can’t tell my mom... I do plan on telling my kids when I get older because I want them to be careful and to know the facts. I don’t plan on telling the world. But tbh I’m happy this group is here because if it wasn’t for this, I’ll probably go crazy trying to keep everything in

• Like 1

@Whyymeee

Hello!! 

Aw, that's okay. Just remember that the way people respond to us is a reflection of who THEY are, not who YOU are. Only a few of my friends know; I don't talk to people about it unless they are someone I am dating. Other than that, it's my business. 

I am also so thankful for this forum. It reminds me I am never alone, and this means so much, especially during the pandemic. 

Sending Happiness and Positivity!! 🌼🌄☀️❤️🍀😊

• Like 1