• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

• lifestyle guides

Chronic flu symptoms/prodrome-normal?

Hi everyone I had a question for the H experts. 

I was diagnosed with Genital HSV1 in October and was getting monthly outbreaks usually on my period. Lately they seem to be spread to every 2 months and have been getting less (go away in one day). I take 1000mg Valtrex daily for suppression (1 tab in morning 1 tab in evening) as well as supplementing with 500mg lysine. 

however, Ive been get really bad sickly flu symptoms (sore muscles, loss of appetite, sore joints and back) at least once a month for like 3-4 days but Without an outbreak. Before I was diagnosed that happened as well-I thought I had the flu for 3 days before I had the worst outbreak (my first) of my life. 

this flu keeps returning and is present for 3-4 days with no outbreak. Could this be pondrome symptoms? If so, does anyone have advice on managing this/preventing it/tips for suppression?? I thought pondrome symptoms is mostly like pain/tingling sensation in the area (which I don’t get-my outbreaks happen without warning I usually wake up with one on my period. Double fun lol)

if not maybe I have mono or something else I really don’t know. I was just told by a doctor that flu symptoms can happen with herpes. 

• Like 1
  • mr_hopp changed the title to Chronic flu symptoms/prodrome-normal?

Hi there,

I suffer from the same thing. I am in the midst of getting tested for Mollaret Meningitis. If you look it up, you can compare symptoms. HSV-2 is typically the culprit, followed by HSV-1. 

It’s going on 18 months for me. It’s rare, so there are not a ton of resources available. One doctor found one study for me that said it typically lasts less than 5 years, so fingers crossed that’s the case for me. 

Let me know what you think after you read up on it. It’s also called recurrent benign viral meningitis. 

• Like 1

@~Minerva~

Hey! 

I literally wanted to say thank you for educating us all on Mollaret Meningitis. I've never heard of it before you mentioned it here! I bet this will help a lot of people who have been experiencing the same symptoms. 

@12073273

I hope you feel better 🍀 sending love and wellness your way! 🍀❤️🌈🌼☀️🌄