• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Virus alternating sides of the body

Oh man. This is only my 2nd outbreak ever. (13 years apart) I’m on day 11, and it is in the exact same spot as it was 13 years ago. 
I just had a little bit of pain in the same spot on the opposite side of my body, and I’m freaking myself out. 
I’m about ready to give up after dealing with this, I don’t want it to start all over again. 😭

Hi!!

Yes, it could move, but not to a whole nother part of the body. Generally the sores can appear in the general vicinity of the body where you have it. So, for example, if you have it in the groin region it can appear in the genital area, buttocks, etc. However, it wouldn't migrate to your arms, face, and other areas, so don't worry about that. 

So, for example, if your sore is on your right bottom cheek, it could hypothetically appear on the left one during a future breakout. For me, I had sores everywhere during my first breakout and the next one there were 2 sores but up higher than where the others were before.

I hope this helps!!

Sending prayers and wellness your way! 🌄🌼🦋☀️

4 minutes ago, AnonCd said:

Oh man. This is only my 2nd outbreak ever. (13 years apart) I’m on day 11, and it is in the exact same spot as it was 13 years ago. 
I just had a little bit of pain in the same spot on the opposite side of my body, and I’m freaking myself out. 
I’m about ready to give up after dealing with this, I don’t want it to start all over again. 😭

Hey!! Eek, don't let the OCD get you down. Worrying is like a rocking chair, it's something to do but your don't get anywhere! (my great grandma's saying, lol). It will be okay! Just be aware of the prodrome symptoms, see them as a friend alerting you to prep in case of an outbreak. 

You can do this! Stay strong 🦋!

• Like 1

@Flowerteacher55 Thank you for your positivity. I have my good moments and bad moments. I’m still waiting on my swab result, and it is making me crazy. The OB I have is finally starting to heal, and when I started feeling this other pain, my brain went there immediately. And then all of these compulsions I’m doing to keep everyone safe...ugh!! I don’t want to, because I really would like to continue to do everything holistically, but if I have another one, I’m getting an rx for an antiviral. 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, AnonCd said:

Aw of course!!

Honestly the antivirals work amazingly, and as much as I don't like taking medicine, I have a bottle of Acyclovir for just in case I get an outbreak. One time I didn't have access to the medicine and I let the sore heal by itself, which wasn't too bad, it just lasted longer than if I would've used the antiviral medicine. I just used my lysine cream to help the skin pain. However, don't let yourself suffer if the anxiety and skin irritation bother you! If you need to take the antiviral, go for it. For small outbreaks such as one sore, two or three days of taking the antiviral 3x per day made mine heal super quick. Truly amazing stuff! God bless whoever invented these antivirals!!! 

You can do this! Stay strong 🦋!

• Like 1