• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

HSV dating sites/ apps???

I am absolutely terrified right now. I feel incredibly alone and destroyed. 

I was diagnosed with HSV2 few months ago. It’s literally been a nightmare. I just broke up with the one who gave it to me. She moved out. Now, here I am feeling completely hopeless and cursed.

Although I’m not ready to start dating yet I was wondering if anybody had any experiences with HSV dating websites or apps. I need hope!!!!

I guess I’m just looking for some support and maybe some advice?

Hello, friend ❤️

I am so sorry you are feeling such pain. You don't deserve this at all. Please know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and we are all here to help you get there. You are so so so good and worthy of love and love with HSV is POSSIBLE!!! 🌄🌄🌄

I honestly don't know about dating sites or anything for those with HSV, but I'm sure they exist!! 

Navigating dating with herpes seems so scary, but it will become easier with time. I got herpes when I was 19 (now I'm 22) and telling people about it has gotten SO much easier. And there have been people who were so so accepting. Others have been very not accepting, and I'm like "okay! Next human!" 

Please know that you don't need to share your status with anyone right away. Sometimes we assume we are not good enough, and anyone who accepts our HSV status is okay with us. This causes us to overlook negative qualities a person may have, which can be really detrimental to us later on (if the person is mean or just you guys aren't compatible).  Remember, you're trying to see if THEY are good enough for you, because you are GOOD ENOUGH! You don't need to lower standards. Hold your head high. You have no reason to be ashamed of yourself.

Think of dating like rings. We have an inner ring, which is where our soul dwells. The outer rings are used to protect the inner ring. People need to pass through them all successfully to get to the inner. The first layer ring is aquaintences, then friends, then closer than friends, then intimate close partners. The way people pass through the rings is to show trust, respect, understanding, and kindness. If someone start to move into the rings, feel free to disclose it. When you share is up to you, but prior to sex or sexual intimacy is key. Also, try to talk about it in a quiet space, when neither party is intoxicated or dealing with something else that may cause them to give an ingenuine reaction.

Learning about someone, seeing if they are compatible emotionally matters, and bonding emotionally are really important steps in a relationship, and if someone doesn't pass through these rings, that's okay. It isn't anything you did or didn't do. Some things just aren't meant to be ❤️. And you deserve to have someone who unconditional loves and respects you, herpes and all. Herpes can act as a filter to weed out all the chumps. It may seem like rejection, but it's actually a blessing in disguise. 🌄🌻🦋

We are here for you!! DM me if you need some additional 1:1 support. 

Sending happiness and light your way!!! 🌼🌄🌻🦋

-- Grace 

• Like 1

I'm sorry this has happened, but your life isn't over! You'll be just fine and you will find someone who either has H or who doesn't care that you have it. I've had this a very, very long time (35 plus years) and have found that there are a lot of decent people on the H dating sites!!! After all, we are all good people!!!! I would suggest trying it, but don't just limit yourself to it. I married a herpes negative man who has now passed, be he didn't care about H because he was so in love with me. It happens! He never aquired H from me after 25 years and we had a fantastic sex life! 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Sumshine said:

I'm sorry this has happened, but your life isn't over! You'll be just fine and you will find someone who either has H or who doesn't care that you have it. I've had this a very, very long time (35 plus years) and have found that there are a lot of decent people on the H dating sites!!! After all, we are all good people!!!! I would suggest trying it, but don't just limit yourself to it. I married a herpes negative man who has now passed, be he didn't care about H because he was so in love with me. It happens! He never aquired H from me after 25 years and we had a fantastic sex life! 

Thank you both so much! What sites did you use? Are they private at all? I can imagine putting up pictures of myself. 

• Like 1

"Positive singles" and "Mpwh are the most popular. You don't have to post a picture, but it definitely helps. There is a feature that allows people to apply for access to your private photos at your discretion.. in other words, your photos can remain private! I think this feature is common on most online dating sites. I just want to reiterate, I got this at age 23.....I'm 62 now. Conventional dating with disclosing was the ONLY option.  I had numerous, steady relationships prior to meeting my late husband. I've had a wonderful life full of travel, beautiful home, excellent career, wonderful family and friends! I may also say that there's no reason to tell anyone about your status unless you are sleeping with them. It's really no one's business unless you want to share it. 

• Like 2

I did not use an H+ site and met my current boyfriend on a regular dating app (POF).  He accepted me and didn't judge me for this.  He's H- and I'm doing everything in my power to keep it that way but don't feel that you can only date H+ people.  The right person will love you regardless if they have it or not.

• Like 3

@JuneBSorry for the delay. In the first 15 years I did not use anti viral meds. The last 10 years, I did. We were very careful. He had absolutely no problem using condoms which was entirely his choice and we also had more oral sex than anything (who doesn't like that) whereby the transmission rate is almost nothing orally

• Like 2