• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I may be viral shedding but no sores

Hello!

I am so sorry to hear that you are not doing well. That all sounds absolutely terrible 😞💔 

In regards to the Acyclovir, you have been taking them for three days, so hopefully in a few more days symptoms  should get better, if this is indeed herpes.

Have you had any other tests or possible hypotheses to a diagnosis? Has the doctor offered any other possible suggestions?

The swollen lymph nodes indicate that the body is fighting an infection, whether bacterial or viral. The fact that you are feeling worse is not good. If you don't start feeling better after a week, than definitely I would say either: 1) you do not have herpes and this is something else, or 2) you have HSV and another illness that is causing the excessive pain and symptoms.

Also, this is a space for all to vent and share their stories-- both successes and struggles! You are not a debbie downer at all! 

I am sending happy healing thought and prayers your way!! ❤️ 

Blessings,

Grace

Hi Grace, thanks for your reply and the kind words. 
the doctor said my symptoms are very confusing and cannot pinpoint what they could be. It was my suggestion to try acyclovir due to the fact I have now had penicillin, fluconazole one dose and a 7 day course of doxycycline which has had no effect on the bladder urethra issues. So It really does point to a viral issue. Maybe I do need to wait a while longer to let the acyclovir take affect then.

this does go back to how the health service does not seem to be so great in the uk I shouldn't tarnish everyone with the same brush as Im sure there are some good proffesional dr’s out there but I feel the lack of knowledge with the doctors i see disturbing at times. 
The red scrotum has return with vengence tried 3 diff creams and strange how it shows up with bum and leg nerve pains and lower back pain, skin around the genitals is sore/sensitive but no breaks in the skin this could be a 2nd outbreak. its not severe just uncomfortable around the scrotum this time. First time. The burning was stopping me walking properly.  
I know I should stop all this guessing but I do find myself in fear of going for a test for herpes as I don't want to have to deal with the diagnosis if you see what I mean its a bit cowardly but  it will just be too much to accept being that I was drunk and knew the girl had at least oral herpes already and I didn't protect myself at least a little bit with a condom. I have been beating myself up a lot calling myself stupid etc for allowing it to happen.  

because I have such a conscience I think how terrible and guilty I would feel If I infected some girl I meet in the future because I didn't get tested its so difficult. 
I hope you are well and blessings your way too. Your kindness and toleration of me is admirable 🙂

• Like 1

Hi! 

First, and most importantly: you are NOT stupid. At all! Getting herpes or having herpes doesn't make you a bad person. It's a common virus; a part of being human. It doesn't determine who you are or the success and happiness of your life. The right woman won't mind that you have HSV (if it turns out that you have it). Love means unconditional love that grows stronger when we see the struggles others have had to overcome. Love grows and true love means acceptance, respect, and understanding. And you deserve a love like that! 

Also, alcohol throw a monkey wrench into things and impair our ability to think logically and use judgement. Be kind and forgiving to yourself (even though you have no reason to be sorry). Now more than ever you need to be your own cheerleader. Keep your spirits high and affirm your wholesomeness, purity, and soul.

The symptoms sound so painful. Yes, I understand what you mean in terms of frustrating medical care. Sadly, so many medical centers are for-profit institutions, and when money and profits are put before patient care quality, it's just not okay. Plus, often times it's the administration and the insurance companies that pressure doctors to not write scripts or referrals so the insurance company doesn't need to pay for it. It's just so terrible. Health care in America definitely needs to be reexamined, as the system is just a mess; the actual doctors and nurses are blessings! I'm sure healthcare elsewhere, such as in the UK, also need to be bettered for the benefits of patients.

I think it was smart of you to ask for the Acyclovir to see if it would help. I would say monitor symptoms for any signs of improvement, especially in terms of the tingling and redness/skin irritations. 

Stay hydrated and nourished. Be kind to yourself! 🌄

Sending prayers of happiness and health your way! 

• Like 1

Thankyou for your wise words.

I cannot let this rule my happiness. you are so right about the love thing I absolutely have to be kinder to myself as well. I will test when the 3 month mark has hit for a more accurate test as It has to be done for many reasons. I will keep on with the acyclovir
I wish you well and blessings 💙

• Like 1