• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Best/most convenient place to get YEAR prescription?

Used to be able to get a annual prescription for suppressive therapy antiviral (valacyclovir) from the service that ran my original tests.  They've since moved to only offering 90-day scripts.  Does anyone know of other alternatives (preferably online, telemedicine) that would offer an annual prescription. (I tried one telemedicine service and they only offered 30 days).  What about urgent care?  Finding a doc and going there every year is not the best for me if there is a more accessible (preferably online/telemedicine) option.

Thanks All! Stay Strong!

• Like 1

Hi!! 🙂 

I hope you are well.

This is a great question, and honestly having to deal with prescription changes can be so frustrating and inconvenient! 

In terms of getting an annual script written via telemedicine... I did some research for places, and honestly, a lot of these websites seem really shady and just not legit 😂.

If you are in an area where there are Planned Parenthoods, you could try there, or another reproductive/sexual health clinic. Explain your situation and inability to access regular doctors appointments or make regular copays, if those are issues. Also, if you have already been on them for years, it seems you are able to take them, they work for you, etc, however many doctors like updates to see how you are doing when they prescribe you medicine. If they require updates, then you can do the telemedicine and they can digitally send the script to the pharmacy of your choice 🙂 

Also, if copays are an issue, try GoodRx-- they have helped so many people! 🙂 

Blessings!

Grace

Thanks for your help. I never thought about planned parenthood. I'll have to look into that.  Other than that, I guess my best option is just to call/email a bunch of places and see if anyone gives out annual scripts.  Thanks for your help!

• Like 1