• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Recently Positive Nervous Reck :/

Hi, I’ve been a nervous reck since I got my results. I tested positive for HSV2. My igg was 1.13. I’ve been reading a lot of posts and that these test has a lot of false positives and negatives. This gives me a bit of hope also cuz I haven’t gotten any OB. But a side of me is just telling me that I have it and to accept it. 😕 

My doctor hasn’t called me to review the results. it’s been more than 5 days. I just want to retake the test. How long should I wait to get retested 6weeks Or 12? 

• Like 1

Hello @Olga1214!

I am so sorry about your situation. That is very stressful. Please know you are not alone, and no matter what happens, things are going to be okay! ❤️ We are here for you! 

If you didn't have an outbreak, what caused you to get tested? Did you just want to check for a routine STI check?

A positive IgG indicates that you have had HSV-2 for at least 12+ weeks, as it take that amount of time for the antibodies to build up to detectable amounts. Your result of 1.13 is positive, but is not extremely high, so it seems the exposure to the HSV was recent (over 12 weeks but perhaps within the last few months). 

You can totally get retested. 12 weeks might be better than the 6 weeks, just so then you won't have to pay another copay for another test. 

I hope this helps! Please know that you are beautiful, clean, and safe. Herpes cannot change who you are; it is a common virus! It does NOT have the power to change who you are. You are still an amazing and wonderful human being! ❤️ 

Sending blessings and prayers your way! 🙂 

-- Grace