• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Prodrome Longer Than What I Read

I had what I think is prodrome 15 days ago then all of a sudden a sore appeared.. This is so against what Ive read its crazy. It was so mild that I wasnt sure.. Now Im praying I didnt pass it to my girlfriend. This is my first recurrence in 9 years.. Man I hate this virus with everything in me.. incredibly unfair

• Like 1

Hello,

I am so sorry that you are stressed. 

Yes, this virus is very sassy. You can tell your girlfriend to monitor her symptoms, and to be aware for prodrome symptoms and sores, etc. In 12 or more weeks, she can get an IgG blood test to see if she has it or not. 

That is so frustrating and annoying that it decided to show up after nine years of suppression! I am so sorry. 

If anything, you can at least take away information about your new subtle prodrome symptoms, and you can try and think about what might have triggered the random outbreak (what happened 15 days ago? Stress? Illness? etc.)

Sending blessings and prayers to you and your girlfriend!

-- Grace