• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I gave my partner HSV2

I’ve been diagnosed for 9 yrs since I was at 19 with my first. So I had to learn how to date with the condition at a young age. At first it was very terrifying and depressing. The second guy I told as a precaution and also I wanted him to know cause I felt it was unfair. It was a booty call as I just broke up with the man who infected me. This person ghosted me after we had sex that one time. I then realized that I don’t need to tell anyone if I don’t want to as long as we stay protected. So that’s how I dated I told who needed to know. So I still had a sex life and still had my fun while staying safe and protected.

Fast forward to my current bf now of 5 yrs. We dated for 4 months long distance and in that time I told him about HSV2. By the time I told him he had so much feelings for me he didn’t care about it at all. I was so embarrassed and ashamed to tell him cause I really liked him and I didn’t want to ruin our fairytale. This guy was and still is the sexiest man I’ve ever dated so you can imagine how hard it was!! Lol I was relieved he still wanted to continue our relationship.

Later, after a year of  traveling back and forth of seeing each other we decided to move in together.  We started off wearing condoms and eventually came off for obvious reasons ☺️ He didn’t get infected right away but of course it eventually happened. I can’t say how long after because we didn’t care much for it. We had a conversation and we agreed that we are in love and we want to spend the rest of our lives together. (Although he still ain’t put a ring on it) 😩 

Now, my partner and I are both infected. I don’t think about it much because of him and I am grateful. We rack up on meds and take it as needed. 

I know that the hard part about finding love is being diagnosed. I’m here to tell you that you can find love and be happy. Don’t let it be the dictator of your life. You are in control!!!! 

please feel free if you have any questions, comments or concerns!!!! (I didn’t want write a whole book) lol

I would love to help make this  process a little easier if I can. 

-Girl27 ❤️

• Like 3

Hi!!!

Oh my gosh, this literally gives me so much hope! ❤️ Thank you for sharing your story with us!!! ❤️ 

I have also had HSV since I was 19, and it is definitely hard to navigate things at that young age. I am now 22, but I've definitely learned how to handle things so much better than I have before. It's so funny, people often assume that having to disclose to younger people is easier since they are more open minded, but young people can be super close-minded and just cruel, too!  

Thank you again for sharing this beautiful story! It goes to show that love is stronger than anything-- including our fears and HSV!  I love how you are still together!! Such a wonderful story ❤️ Let us know when he proposes  😉❤️💍!!!

Blessing to you and your partner!!

-- Grace