• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

• lifestyle guides

Atypical HSV Symptoms / Nerve Damage

Hi, 

I’ve had Hsv (never tested, but pretty much confirmed from physical symptoms) for 18 months. I initially had a tiny outbreak on my tailbone area last year which cleared up within a few days never to be seen again. Since then I’d had no other outbreaks or issues until 4 weeks ago where my tailbone area started to tingle/buzz. Since then, I’ve had a buzzing/pins and needle sensation in my tailbone to my feet and it’s driving me insane. I’m really worried it’s nerve damage or post herpetic nueropathy and it’s making me so upset. I just don’t understand why it would happen suddenly after having the virus for so long with no outbreaks? Can anyone help? I’m worried sick and I don’t know how to get help for this as doctors aren’t taking me seriously or even noting that it’s herpes causing this. If anyone could shed light I would appreciate it greatly, thanks.

• Like 1

Hello,

I hope you are feeling a little better since you posted!

I am so sorry you are experiencing this emotional and physical pain. You don't deserve this at all, and please know that there is hope! 

Viruses are odd beings... they can be triggered or "awoken" by different triggers, usually that place some type of stress on the body. This can include emotional stress, friction, another illness (even a cold or flu) or hormones, among other causes. 

Have you gotten a chance to get an IgG blood test to confirm it's HSV? Also, this would tell you the type of HSV it is. The extreme pain and tingling sounds like it is more likely HSV-2. 

To help soothe the nerves, try heat or ice packs. 

Also, have you noticed any other symptoms besides the tingling? Have you noticed any redness, itching, sores, or flu-like symptoms? Also, on your little bio section to the left, it says you've been experiencing Tinnitus... I also have this and it is really annoying. It is often times due to sinuses! Also, I have TMJ which causes it and it is very painful. TMJ can also cause neck and head pain and eye pain. Perhaps get checked out for that as well! 

You also mentioned vision issues in your bio. That coupled with the nerve pain and Tinnitus definitely sounds neurological, and could or could not be herpes-related. These symptoms are a sure sign that your body is under distress, and perhaps getting a general blood work panel done to see if if your levels are healthy and if your white blood cell count is up would help shed some light on what could be going on. 

Also, a spinal tap could help see what's going on, too. They aren't very pleasant but they help in diagnosing neurological conditions. 

I hope that this all helps. Please take care of yourself and stay strong. We are here to support you!

Sending blessings of health and happiness your way 🌅❤️!

Blessings, 

Grace

8 hours ago, Flowerteacher55 said:

Hello,

I hope you are feeling a little better since you posted!

I am so sorry you are experiencing this emotional and physical pain. You don't deserve this at all, and please know that there is hope! 

Viruses are odd beings... they can be triggered or "awoken" by different triggers, usually that place some type of stress on the body. This can include emotional stress, friction, another illness (even a cold or flu) or hormones, among other causes. 

Have you gotten a chance to get an IgG blood test to confirm it's HSV? Also, this would tell you the type of HSV it is. The extreme pain and tingling sounds like it is more likely HSV-2. 

To help soothe the nerves, try heat or ice packs. 

Also, have you noticed any other symptoms besides the tingling? Have you noticed any redness, itching, sores, or flu-like symptoms? Also, on your little bio section to the left, it says you've been experiencing Tinnitus... I also have this and it is really annoying. It is often times due to sinuses! Also, I have TMJ which causes it and it is very painful. TMJ can also cause neck and head pain and eye pain. Perhaps get checked out for that as well! 

You also mentioned vision issues in your bio. That coupled with the nerve pain and Tinnitus definitely sounds neurological, and could or could not be herpes-related. These symptoms are a sure sign that your body is under distress, and perhaps getting a general blood work panel done to see if if your levels are healthy and if your white blood cell count is up would help shed some light on what could be going on. 

Also, a spinal tap could help see what's going on, too. They aren't very pleasant but they help in diagnosing neurological conditions. 

I hope that this all helps. Please take care of yourself and stay strong. We are here to support you!

Sending blessings of health and happiness your way 🌅❤️!

Blessings, 

Grace

Hi Grace,

Thank you for the lovely words - I appreciate it. With all of this said, I have had these conditions checked out and I think these came on due to loud music abuse and stress over the years, but thank you anyways! 

With reactivation, I make sure to keep my immune system in good check and when this “reactivation” occurred 4 weeks ago, I had no stressor that I could think of. I also haven’t had any redness, sore, itchiness at all - hence why I’m worried. Can this actually happened? I’m terrified. I was under the impression that HSV couldn’t cause nerve damage, atleast thats what experts say. But since browsing this forum, it feels like people are saying differently. My first outbreak was so minor I wouldn’t of even noticed it, so to go from that to full blown nueropathy when I’m a healthy person? I’m so confused and worried 😞 

I’m assuming I have HSV2 as I’ve never had any oral signs and I caught it from my long term partner when having unprotected sex once! But I am booking myself to get a blood test to get some clarity. 

I really just want to know if I should be worried or not? It feels like my whole body is crawling of tingling all of the time and it’s been so debilitating and has caused me great emotional and professional distress with not being able to sit down without feeling like my legs are shaking. I’m trying to stay positive and praying this isn’t permanent but it seems like I can’t get a straight answer anywhere or even knowledge as to why this is happening.

Anyways, thank you for your time and I appreciate your support