• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Someone will accept you!

Hi! I've been on here if and on. I try to be encouraging as I'm a 40 year veteran of Hvs2. I've had a wonderful life aside from losing my husband of 25 years in early 2020. I thought he'd be the last person I would ever disclose to, but God had other plans. He never gave my H status a 2nd thought and never aquired it from me. I recently joined a dating site whereby I have chosen to disclose my status in my profile. I have 3 dates lined up with men I have spoken to by phone and and who all have heard if it, but just wanted to be educated on the subject. We'll see how it goes. I've never made a big deal out of H and it certainly doesn't rule my life! It isn't just up to these men to accept me, I have a choice in this too!

• Like 2

Hello!! 

Thank you for sharing your story, advice, and encouragement. We appreciate you and your posts! 🌻🦋.

I am so sorry for your loss of your husband. It sounds like the relationship you had was beautiful, and pray we all get to have a relationship where someone accepts us as we are and sees us for who we truly are ❤️.

With what you said about H and dating, You are SO right. We always have a choice! We don't have have to see it as someone choosing us or not. WE get to choose if the other person is for us or not, too. We also get to choose how we see ourselves, and whether we make a big deal out of our H or not. 

God Bless You ❤️!!

-- Grace

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing your story and I loved your comment about how it’s not just about those men accepting you, you play a very important role in accepting yourself as well. I hope I can learn from you and be more positive as well. I’ve always feared I wouldn’t be accepted and I think that’s because I don’t always accept myself for having herpes. I would love to emulate the acceptance and love you show yourself in my own life. Blessings to you and thank you again for sharing your experience. 

• Like 1