• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

It gets so much better

Hey ! So I’ve had GHSV-2 for about 3 years now. At first I really let it ruin my life, I was single, it was from a very short term relationship with someone who ended up ghosting me , I felt absolutely worthless and I was convinced no one would give me a chance and my dreams of having a family were over. I felt this way for around 2 years and herpes was all I could think about , not a day went by I didn’t let it bother me. 

however now I really don’t even give it a second thought ! I’ve met my soulmate who loves me so much he didn’t even bat an eyelid when I told him about it ! He doesn’t have it after 2 years of us in a relationship and unprotected he is still negative so that’s a bonus! But I literally am in the best relationship of my life and I now have a gorgeous 7 week old baby ! I wish I never got so depressed about my diagnosis because the right person won’t judge you and will love you ! I also thought I had outbreaks all the time so that made me worse but actually it was just other things eg thrush or even just my pants rubbing, instead of being rational I associated every tingle, pain etc to HSV when it actually wasn’t most of the time! 

during pregnancy I had about 3 outbreaks but i went on acyclovir for the last 6 weeks and everything was great ! I had a normal vaginal delivery and gave birth to the most perfect girl. 

I hope anyone who’s struggling reads this and realised that this diagnosis doesn’t define you and won’t ruin your future ! Life goes on! 

• Like 3

Hi!

Congratulations on your new baby!! 🍼 🐥 !!

That is such a wonderful story, thank you SO much for sharing your story with us!! You have shown how good things and happiness are 110% possible with HSV!! 

If you have any other advice for new parents or future parents, please feel free to share!! 

Thank you again, and blessings to you and your family 🌻😊!! 

• Thanks 1

@J.L2018Hey, that's great news! I'm happy for you.

I'm kinda bummed at the moment, because I'm single, and I'm a guy in his 40s, so the path ahead is a little bit intimidating. Dating always came naturally, but now it feels like there's this additional obstacle.

It's refreshing to hear that you found someone. 

Did you need to take antivirals to keep your partner from getting it?

• Like 1
23 hours ago, RingofFire said:

@J.L2018Hey, that's great news! I'm happy for you.

I'm kinda bummed at the moment, because I'm single, and I'm a guy in his 40s, so the path ahead is a little bit intimidating. Dating always came naturally, but now it feels like there's this additional obstacle.

It's refreshing to hear that you found someone. 

Did you need to take antivirals to keep your partner from getting it?

It’s always scary but just know the people who are worth your time will accept you and your diagnosis ! It really does filter out the time wasters ! I was on suppressive antivirals but then my partner said he’s rather me come off it because he didn’t like me taking them 3x a day everyday so for about a year and a half I’ve not been and we don’t use anything as  we were trying for a baby. I just avoid anything if I feel a sore coming. Hope this helps 

• Like 1