• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

HSV2 treatment

I’ve been on suppressive therapy (famvir 2x day) for almost 2 years and it felt like a miracle when I started it because I had regular vaginal outbreaks. I’m now having my first outbreak in over a year which feels pretty devastating - they’ve always been connected to my cycle and for the first time at the beginning of menstruation this month I sensed prodrome and as it ended I got a sore yesterday. Happy Valentine’s Day 💔 Can I up my Famvir dose? Is there any topical treatment?

• Like 1

Hi!!

Oh golly, I am so sorry! Happy Valentine's Day to you (sadness about the outbreak!)

You could up the dose, as it might help speed up the sore and healing, but you could also try an ointment to help with the burning or u comfortable itching/other symptoms. You could try Femiclear. Or, instead of upping the Famvir, you could ask your doctor about Zovirax (which you may need a prescription for, it's basically topical Valacyclovir). It is also possible your body is just over the Famvir. Some people find that they newed to switch up their antiviral type after a while. Consult your OBGYN or doctor about it first before you make any changes, of course! 🙂 

Feel better!! 🙂 

• Like 1