• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

1 year post partum mom/ non stop OBs/ please help

Please reach out to me if you have overcome post partum outbreaks . I didn't have one OB my whole pregnancy and after I healed from delivering my healthy son vaginally , it's been monthly , sometimes weekly outbreaks . This is taking a major toll on my quality of life . Valtrex is not suppressing it . Nothing works. Someone tell me there's a light at the end of this tunnel. 

• Like 1

Hello,

Congratulations on your baby ❤️

I am so sorry that you are experiencing this. Please know there is hope. I personally have never experienced this/given birth but I am sure there is someone here who can relate and provide support and hope for you.  

Have you talked to your OBGYN about it? Also, how long ago did you have your son? 

Hormones are a huge trigger for many people, and a hormonal change as significant as giving birth can definitely impact outbreaks. It may help to have your hormones tested, and either go on birth control to regulate your hormones and/or try another type of antiviral. Sometimes trying a new type (Famcyclovir or Acyclovir) can help if you've been using one type for a long time. The body just needs a new antiviral for the virus to die down again. 

Stay strong, and rely on your support network, whomever they may be. You are a warrior mama and you can do this! I am praying for you. We are all here for you, and I am going to do some research about postpartum outbreaks and relief. 

Sending healing blessings your way 🌻

grace

10 hours ago, Ladyf123 said:

I hope to find some answers and in answer to your question , no .

@Ladyf123 I hope you will find relief soon. Are you still breastfeeding if you don't mind me asking? 

I have really hard time in dealing with HSV infection especially now when I am pregnant. I have constant prodromes and antivirals ( in my case acyclovir) are not helping and are useless. Hormones play huge role in HSV infection and I remember reading how lot of woman during and after pregnancy have frequent OB's. By time, you will probably have reduction in OB's and feel better. 

• Like 1

Hey! No I did not breastfeed unfortunately. I hope your obs stop . I am so sorry you have to deal with that on top of being pregnant .  What trimester are you in? My cycle is now only 25 days and I feel like I'm in a constant OB or have my period . I don't get a break . I'm starting a low dose birth control pill on Sunday I pray it helps . @Bloomer

• Like 1

@Ladyf123 thank you very much for your reply. I asked about breastfeeding because breastfeeding can also cause increased OB's. At least this is what I've read long time ago. I am not sure is this even correct information.

I am currently in second trimester and things have been pretty rough. 

Do you take any supplements for boosting your immune symptoms and reducing inflammation like vit C, curcumin, vit D, glutathione? 

I hope you will have success with birth control pills. 🙂

• Like 1

@Bloomer I take lauricidin (monolaurin) , lysine,  liposomal vitamin c , and valtrex ... honestly supplements don't seem to cut it when it comes to hormonal OBs . Maybe since you're having OBs in pregnancy you won't have any when the baby is here ! I was the complete opposite. Starting to even wonder if I'm in perimenopause, I'm going to be 39 in may . Hang in there love . I pray for a healthy rest of your pregnancy and healthy beautiful delivery! ❤️

• Like 1