• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Don’t know what to do

This hsv2 diagnosis is kicking my ass. I feel like such a leper. I’m just so worried about passing it into someone. Like idk who in their right mind would want to take a risk like that for something that most likely isn’t gonna last. Ik I probably wouldn’t. Idk what to do. Ik I can’t be celibate but the anxiety of passing it is crippling. I don’t want to curse someone else with this shit. Idk any advice would be great. As you can tell I’m not in a good mental state. 

• Sad 1

@Herpessuckzfor how long have you been diagnosed? 

For me personally fear of transmitting this horrible infection to my husband was the worst part of it and trust me I have been through hell with this virus. The good news are that if you avoid sex during oubreak, use condoms and antivirals the chances of transmitting is extremly low. There are couples where is one hsv positive and who are together for 20 years and have sex regulary and there is no transmission. Some of them don't even use condoms or antivirals. 

• Like 1

I understand completely. Dealing with this infection can sometimes be life consuming and in the beginning it can seem that your life is falling apart. 

In most cases with time things get better. Your body learns how to handle infection and outbreaks become less frequent. You are very young and there are lot of new drugs and treatments on the horizon. Are you currently taking antivirals? How frequent are your outbreaks?

I have this infection more than a decade and had lot of difficulties but despite that I found a love of my life and married him. He loves me for who I am and doesn't care about condition I have. 

I can assure you that you can live perfectly normal life and you will. 

• Like 1

Well I appreciate that. My outbreaks are infrequent. My first one was pretty small only a few bumps. The I got another one a putt a month ago that was even smaller. Like I said I’m more concerned about the dating side of things. But I assume everyone that gets herpes is. Just something I’ll have to figure out.

Hello,

First, I am so sorry that you are struggling with your worry and sadness. You are not alone. You will get through this. A common virus does NOT have the power to consume your life (not unless you let it, of course!).

Please know you are not bad. You are not dirty. You are not unworthy of love. You are good. You are pure. You are worthy of love, happiness, and respect ❤️.  Having a common virus never ever could change those essential truths. In times of sadness, remind yourself of these facts. You are a warrior! You can do this. 🙂 

I am 22, and have had HSV since I was 19. It has impacted my dating life, but honestly in a good way. It makes me realize who I want to spend my time with. People who judge me right away and are ignorant show their true selves when you disclose to them. Herpes has made me value intimacy so much more, and has made me really get to love and accept my body and self. It has made me more humble and has broadened my ability to be empathetic with others who have H. In no way, shape, or form are you defined by this. ❤️ Love is the strongest force on this planet, and the right person for you will love you regardless of H. 

Hang in there! Please reach out if you need a friend. We are all here for you!

Sending blessings and prayers of happiness your way 🌻!

grace

9 hours ago, Herpessuckz said:

Λοιπόν το εκτιμώ αυτό. Οι εστίες μου είναι σπάνιες. Το πρώτο μου ήταν πολύ μικρό μόνο μερικά χτυπήματα. Πήρα ένα άλλο ένα putt πριν από ένα μήνα που ήταν ακόμη μικρότερο. Όπως είπα, ανησυχώ περισσότερο για την πλευρά των πραγμάτων με τα ραντεβού. Αλλά υποθέτω ότι όλοι όσοι έχουν έρπη είναι. Απλά κάτι θα πρέπει να καταλάβω.

Good Evening !! in the beginning it is a bit difficult to understand it in time you will learn to control your psychology as far as herpes is concerned !! it's still early !! however, keep in mind the fact that you do not have many outbursts and this is positive !!

Hello,

I completely understand. One empathetic soul to another, please know that it's not your fault. Our duty is to be 110% honest about H and risks, and educate our potential partners about risks, and then, they make an informed decision. It is up to them. That is their free will. As much as we may want them to not want us, that choice is up to them. You deserve to be happy and have true love. You are not a burden or a risk. The right person will see this. It will be okay ❤️ 

Blessings,

grace