• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes test results (NSFW)

Hi! 

That is a negative test result. Anything less than .91 means negative. So, hooray! 

If you are still worried you can get retested. Also, if you have any questions about the test results you can call your doctor or the place that took your blood and you can ask them to interpret the results for you! 🌻

Blessings to you! 🦋

grace

• Thanks 1

Hello Everybody.

After the first outbreak I got tested for HSV 1 and 2. Both IGG and IGM tested negative. Still having symptoms compatible to genital herpes another doctor decides to test me again, I went to a different lab, and still both 1 and 2 and IGG and IGM tested negative  under 0,20.

I don't know what to do cause I keep having the thingling feeling kind of every month, but not the same blisters I had in the first time. Just some redness. I don't know what to do. Do you think it is herpes or something else? It has been already 2 years since I have the 1st reaction.

Thank you!

• Like 1

@xiscocaioss Hello!

I hope you are well.

I am so sorry about your situation. Please know you are not alone and we are here to support you! ❤️ 

It sounds like the blood results keep coming back negative. Have you ever had a swab test of the skin/blisters done before? 

How frequent are your outbreaks? When the first one happened, what were your symptoms like?

Sending blessings your way 🙂 !

grace

@Flowerteacher55 Hello again!!!

I have never have a swab as whenever I have the symptoms by the time I have the appointment usually it is gone. Also none of the doctors said anything about a swab test.

How usual is that the blood test can't detect anything at all?

How often it depends, I have had every month for the last 2 months, then some times just the ichy feeling without anything else or at least that I could see.

Before that for kind of  6 months I did't have anything at all...

I can't idetify any pattern or anything that triggers the symptoms. I have read a lot about stress, however during 2 of those 6 months I am talking about without any symptoms, I had the most stressful job and nearly  worst time of my life, and as I mention, no symptoms at all. Now I am on vacation having a great time, nearly anything to worry about and I have itchyness all around my pubis and legs.

Also, the first OB I got it in my pubic area, nothing on the penis at all. It did't hurt, it hust just very itchy and pimples or blisters everywhere. Here I upload a picture I got to see if it helps to identify ( I apolosgise about the picture though). Could you confirm with that pic that it is definatly herpes?

Thank you very much for all your support and help!!!

lesiones tapadas.jpg

• Like 1
  • mr_hopp changed the title to Test results (NSFW)

Hello,

Thanks for the additional information! 

Sometimes people get false negatives with blood work tests due to difference in antibody buildup by the body. Read this helpful guide by the American Sexual Health Association that talks about testing! https://www.ashasexualhealth.org/herpes-testing/

Herpes sores are not typically dark like the ones in the picture. They do usually look like the lighter colored ones towards the top of the public area. 

I did some research and the dark spots resemble angiokeratoma. Look it up and see if the photos match what you observed. Also, here is a website regarding angiokeratoma of the Fordyce, which typically impacts scrotal area. 

https://dermnetnz.org/topics/angiokeratoma

The white raised blisters could be from HSV, or possibly a heat rash. Heat rashes can cause fluid filled bumps to appear. 

I am in no way a doctor, but it seems you had two different types of outbreaks of something going on. Did you show this picture to the doctors you saw?

Also, before the first outbreak, were you sexually intimate? 

The itchiness you feel may be an indicator that you are virally shedding (if you do have HSV). Or, it can be caused from many things (hair growing back in from shaving, wearing a bathing suit, heat rash, etc). 

Stress definitely can cause outbreaks, because HSV is neurological. 

Monitor your symptoms and take notice if anything changes! 

I hope this helps! 

Be kind to yourself. Everything will be okay! ☀️

blessings,

grace

• mr_hopp changed the title to Herpes test results (NSFW)