• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes test igg levels?

Good evening everyone. 

so I’ve recently become OBSESSED with reading everything there is to know about HSV2 after some peculiar symptoms and my positive blood test result, especially since I’ve seen four doctors and they all say different things. 

I’ve taken two blood tests 7days apart. 
The first one read: 1.80. 
The second: 1.63

Does anyone know why it would drop ?

the last doctor I saw didn’t know anything about levels or low positive. He simply said, “positive is positive. Do I know for certain that you have it? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

Hello, @xLiV217!

I hope you are well. 

Sorry for the delay, and thank you for your patience! 

Because our bodies make antibodies and they are composed of proteins, the level at which we have them can fluctuate. You are not alone in having your numbers fluctuate! 

According to Terri Warren (the magically wonderful H nurse practitioner ❤️), there is something that rarely occurs called seroconversion, where someone moves from a positive to negative state when tested. However, that is rare with an IgG test. 

It's kind of absurd that the doctor could not answer your question about why the numbers decreased. Perhaps you could call the lab where you had your blood work done, or call another trusted doctor and ask them their thoughts. 

I hope this helps! 

Blessings 🌈☮️☘️,

grace

• mr_hopp changed the title to Herpes test igg levels?
  • 2 months later...
On 9/14/2022 at 11:23 AM, Nobita said:

Does higher index value of IgG represents higher infection?

Also, to add to this a question always comes up that if you have higher antibodies do you have less/no outbreaks? Essentially, the body is developing a strong response by creating antibodies and that would be a god thing correct?

• Like 1

Hello @Maddy!

This is a great question. I honestly do not know! However, antibodies are good because they are what helps your body fight off an infection when you have an infection. It means your body has some experience fighting off a disease, so if it happens again, your body will have some knowledge in knowing how to fight it and help you heal. In regards to herpes, I am not sure if there is a correlation between antibody numbers and amount of outbreaks or healing time from outbreaks, but this is an interesting question! If I find out anything about it, I will let you know! 

Blessings! 🙂 

• Like 1