• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Unusual Outbreak after 15 year

I've had HV for 15 years my husband of 30 years gave it to me. He passed away I want a new start but I'm having an unusual outbreak. I have always had small outbreaks that lasted about 7 days but I'm having multiple outbreaks at the same time in different places. I started taking valacyclovir 9 days ago 500ml a day but it doesn't seem to be helping. I'm very confused. I have been very stressed out!!

• Like 1

Hello,

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. I am praying for you.

Your outbreak could be due to stress, especially if you husband passed away recently. It could also be due to hormones or illness. 

Did anything specific happen right before the outbreak? 

It may be possible you need to try another antiviral, such as Acyclovir or Famcyclovir. Sometimes the body gets used to an antiviral, and changing it up helps. You could talk to your doctor about your new symptoms and issue with Valacyclovir, and ask about receiving a new prescription for another antiviral type. 

Are the places where you are getting the outbreaks new? Or have you had outbreaks in these locations, just not at the same time?

Stay strong! You can do this. We are here for you!! 

Sending blessings and prayers of happiness and health your way ☀️🌼🦋!!!

grace

I appreciate your response!! I had my fourth Moderna vaccine right after I started having symptoms. I don't know if it was coincidence or if it triggered outbreak?? I did read that some people having  outbreaks after vaccine. It's been 9 months since husband died and I'm under some stress. I just started taking valacyclovir for the first time nine days ago. This is the first outbreak that I've had with multiple locations. I did have some major panic attacks after the first one started and then seemed like domino effect. I have not experienced this type of outbreak so it just confused and concerned me. If nothing else it pushed me to deal with my HV and I know I'm not alone. Thank you for your help!!!

• Like 1

Hello @Starting over!!

I am SO sorry for the delayed response. 

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. It is definitely possible that stress can trigger outbreaks, since HSV is linked to the nervous system. Also, any type of stress on the body (such as the introduction of an infection or virus) can trigger outbreaks as well. 

Have the antivirals helped at all? 

Sending blessings of happiness and health your way 🦋🌻☀️ !!!

grace