• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Cream for men’s genital herpes?

Hi there, is there a best cream to be used for recurrent genital herpes after 2 or 3 outbreaks? I’m on my 3rd I think and I’m trying with acyclovir but I’m not sure if it does anything. Which one is the most effective? Or do they lose efficacy in subsequent outbreaks?

• Like 1

Hello! 

I hope you're well. This is a great question. The effectiveness of antiviral medication is different for each person. There are three types of antivirals used for HSV: Acyclovir, Valacyclovir, and Famcyclovir. Some work for some folks, others don't. It all depends! You can explain to your doctor that the Acyclovir isn't working and ask your doctor about trying another one. 

In terms of creams, there is a topical antiviral cream that you can get to help the sores, however you may need your doctor to write you a prescription for it. There is also lysine cream which helps reduce pain and itching. 

I hope this helps! 

Blessings to you!! ☀️🌼

grace

Thanks Grace, as always and with everyone, you are a marvel. I don’t have any pain or itchiness. In all 3 outbreaks (primary and subsequent) I only had a few blisters. Nothing serious nor super annoying. 
when you mentioned the topic antiviral cream, which one is it? How to know if it works, or if it’s just the regular healing process? I guess that’s a tougher question, right?

• mr_hopp changed the title to Cream for men’s genital herpes?