• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Hypopigmentation on Genitals (HSV1G)

hi i was diagnosed back in March and it’s been a very long road so far,, i guess my main concern now that i’ve learned how to deal with everything else is healing the light spots on my genitals.. i suffered bad hypopigmentation in my labial area.. and i am very embarrassed and self conscious about it. i was wondering if anyone has experienced something similar and if it was any way to help the skin heal and get some pigmentation back. i was think maybe bio-oil or scarring serum .. if anyone has any ideas, thoughts, tips, please let me know ❤️ 

• Like 1

Hi @bubbles9991 

Yes I have similar pigmentation in my genital area. I tried using Mederma creme however, that aggravated the outbreaks as HSV needs a warm and moist environment. I am going to check with my dermatologist if there is any way to help me lighten those marks and I will put it again on this feed. A serum that dries quickly can help but let me check with my dermatologist, I am meeting him next week.

Hi 

I checked with my dermat on th3 pigmentation . He didn't  suggest laser as mine is quite faint . He prescribed me a serum that has vitamin C and has asked me to use it for three months on the pigmented area. This one gets absorbed in the skin quickly and doesnt leave me with a moist skin,  previously using mederma cream undoubtedly  aggravated my outbreaks. I don't know if I will be allowed to post a picture of the serum on this forum but it is vitamin C mostly 

16640320320422935090560062290489.jpg