• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes and babies

Hello! The fear of harming my newborn almost kept me from marriage and having children! However, my strong desire to be a mother forced me to learn all I could. I also talked to my OBGYN for practical steps that are taken during pregnancy and delivery. I was assured if there was an outbreak a C-section would be done. I was diligent and hyper sensitive to any signs of an outbreak as my due date grew close. In the delivery room my doctor was rather non-plus saying the risks of harm are very low but reasonable precautions would be taken. I think I was the only one worried! Both my daughters, born two years apart, were born healthy and delivered via natural childbirth. I think this article presents the facts the best. https://www.ashasexualhealth.org/herpes-and-pregnancy/

Don’t let herpes prevent you from experiencing giving birth and the joys of raising a child. Both my daughters remain healthy and happy. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, 

Thank you for your response. 

I love childrens, those cute smiles and talks. I dreamed alot about my future family. And now it looks like everything is over after diagnosis. 

I am praying to God everyday to bless us with atleast one child and healthy life to both of us.

Can I ask one thing? How long you have been suffering from herpes?