• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Cracked, dry lips after Abreva

Hi:

Used about 3-4 months ago Abreva for the first time for a cold sore. It worked… sort of… but not better than what I usually use, Peppermint essential oil and ice wrapped on a small towel.

Stupidly, I used Abreva on my whole lips.
Do not ask me why. I guess I was anxious to get rid of it very quickly because I was going to meet some friends of my boyfriend, and I would have felt embarrassed to be introduced with a cold sore.

A few days later after I started using it, my lips turned very dry, chapped and cracked. They have not healed yet, and they are constantly peeling. I cannot even use lipstick because it does not mask the chapped cracked  lips and they look ugly. 

I have used Neutrogena Lip Balm, Vaseline, and Burt’s Bees Ultra Conditioner Moisturizing Lip Balm. Nothing. 😩

Has anyone suffered chapped cracked lips and how you healed them?
Please someone tell me there is something out there that will make my lips healthy again.

Thank you very much!!!
S

• Like 1

Hi! 

I am so sorry that this happened! It sounds like the Abreva dried out your lip skin, and it may take a little while to heal. 

Here is the FAQs for Abreva. It actually says not to get a large amount in your mouth and to contact your health care professional if you do! So, maybe contacting your doctor or dermatologist would be a good idea. 

https://www.abreva.com/faq/how-to-use-abreva/#accordion-content-0763626683-11

Feel better!!! ❤️ 

grace

On 9/27/2022 at 2:19 PM, Susan927 said:

It worked… sort of… but not better than what I usually use, Peppermint essential oil and ice wrapped on a small towel.

Stupidly, I used Abreva on my whole lips.
Do not ask me why. I guess I was anxious to get rid of it very quickly because I was going to meet some friends of my boyfriend, and I would have felt embarrassed to be introduced with a cold sore.

A few days later after I started using it, my lips turned very dry, chapped and cracked. They have not healed yet, and they are constantly peeling.

Sorry to hear that Abreva may have damaged your lips for months. I hope they recover soon.