• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

It’s a lot to process; after I tell him I have herpes

Hi,

I am new to the community! So grateful that it exists. I’m also new to disclosing I have the virus that causes herpes.

I was recently intimate with the new guy I was dating. We didn’t use protection, the next day I went to get checked and everything came back negative. I shared with him the results as well as that in 2020 I was dx with HSV2, currently taking antivirals and haven’t had any outbreaks.

he told me that he needs time. It’s alot for him to process.

what makes me sad is that there is so much misinformation, I wish he would share with me his concerns so I can guide to the right resources so he can make an educated decision.

I also feel sad because I really liked him. I guess what I’m learning is that having herpes is a deal breaker for some men. 

anyway, if anyone can offer me some supportive words I would really appreciate that. Thank you 

Laura 

• Like 1

Hello! 

I am so sorry that you experienced this. Please know that the way someone reacts to you is a reflection of them, not of you! You are beautiful and wonderful and worthy of love and respect and acceptance. 

He may need some time to think and research. If you are still in contact with him, you can always provide him with a resource or link to reliable information, or you can even just ask him if he has any questions. 

Regardless, please know the right person will be accepting of H, and see that H is a very very small part of you that is in no way a reflection of who you are as a person. It's a common virus and that's all- it doesn't have the power to label you!

Stay strong and be kind to yourself. You are a warrior and the right person is out there for you ❤️ 

I am praying for you! ❤️ 

Blessings,

grace

• Like 1