• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Just found out

Hi folks. Took a blood test last week and found out I had Hsv1. I’ve a very small red rash/ few spots for a few days now. No clusters, no fluid in the spots and no other symptoms associated with herpes. I have in the past suffered from thrush. 
As my usual doctor is away I did an online consultation and despite me giving negative responses to his questions he still feels my rash is a herpes one.  

is there a possibility I could be misdiagnosed ? I’m married and the thoughts of discussing this with my wife is killing me. 

thanks 

Hello,

The only way to know if the spots are herpes or not is if you get them tested.  If there is no fluid on the spots, the swab test might even come back negative regardless.  If you tested positive for HSV1 then it definitely is a possibility that it is an outbreak.  Where is the rash located?  If they are on your mouth, you could get some abreva and see if that helps.  

HSV can lay dormant in the body for a long time.  It took me 7 years to get my first outbreak.  I would try to see a doctor in person to get the spots swabbed if possible.  

I would definitely get it looked at by a doctor.  When I looked it up, it could be an irritation, an allergy or a dermatitis issue.  If it itches at all, you can buy some anti itch cream or an ointment.  Maybe some Aquaphor would help since its a healing ointment.  If blisters pop up there, then get the fluid swabbed as soon as possible. 

I hope you figure it out and feel better soon