• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Looking for support

I have GH and I’m devastated. I’ve been having symptoms for the last 10 days. It’s been excruciating. I went to urgent care and the doctor took one look at the lesions and said it’s definitely herpes. 

I also have Candida. My blood work for IGG came back negative. I’m waiting for the swab and igm results which I know what will say. 

I’m devastated to say the least. Been crying and having suicidal thoughts (even contacted the suicide crisis line). Genuinely feels like my life is over. I tried to be safe. I received oral once and I’m sure that’s how I got it because outside of that I always use protection. 

I worry about how GH will affect my dating life moving forward. I want to have children and get married and I’m scared that’s not a possibility anymore. I also want to enjoy sex (and oral) and I’m scared I never will (and can never have oral). It truly feels like my life is over. I just don’t know how to move forward. 

Looking for assurance and support. 

Hi @GH is not the end I know that getting the diagnosis that you have GHSV can be very unsettling. Glad the you contacted the Suicide hotline because you have a lot to live for. This virus is an inconvenience that can be manages.It is not a life ending illness. It will take a while for the antibodies to develop to the point that you can find out which type of HSV you have. It is most like HSV1. I received it also believing I was being careful. I'm not sure if I got it through oral or through intercourse. 

Your life is not over just different. Get educated about what HSV is and what is isn't. For some the symptoms a few and far in between. Stress can trigger symptoms as well as anything that weakens the immune system.

You can still get married and have kids not to worry. Read on this forum of how many people got married or people who had kids after. Quite a number. Just be aware that you can pass this on to someone especially after a recent infection and that you need to take precautions not to do that. Learn more and you will be fine.

4 hours ago, Seeker1960 said:

Hi @GH is not the end I know that getting the diagnosis that you have GHSV can be very unsettling. Glad the you contacted the Suicide hotline because you have a lot to live for. This virus is an inconvenience that can be manages.It is not a life ending illness. It will take a while for the antibodies to develop to the point that you can find out which type of HSV you have. It is most like HSV1. I received it also believing I was being careful. I'm not sure if I got it through oral or through intercourse. 

Your life is not over just different. Get educated about what HSV is and what is isn't. For some the symptoms a few and far in between. Stress can trigger symptoms as well as anything that weakens the immune system.

You can still get married and have kids not to worry. Read on this forum of how many people got married or people who had kids after. Quite a number. Just be aware that you can pass this on to someone especially after a recent infection and that you need to take precautions not to do that. Learn more and you will be fine.

Thank you so much. It’s truly been a difficult experience for me both physically and emotionally. This primary outbreak has been gruesome. It’s good to know that others have had their lives go on. I will read more posts in the forums and learn more about this virus. 

• 6 months later...

I'm sorry that you are having to go through this but it does get better with time. I've been living with it for five years now and though it is devastating in the beginning, you will be able to have a normal life again. My first outbreak was my worst outbreak. I don't have outbreaks very often and antivirals take care of them when I do. I only take the antivirals when I have an outbreak due to unrelated kidney problems. You can get through this. I fully understand not knowing how to move forward, but we will figure it out as long as we keep trying.

• Like 1