• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Feeling responsible for my ex girlfriend

I recently had a catch up with my ex-girlfriend (someone whom I’d given herpes) and she mentioned to me that she’d recently had a couple of one night stands. I didn’t ask for any details but I’m just concerned she’s not been safe. I can’t imagine her disclosing this whilst drunk and she’s in turn putting them at risk. Hearing this has put me in a difficult situation because I don’t want to get too involved in her decision making. I’m in a new relationship now and she might misconstrue what I’m trying to say but it puts a really bad taste in my mouth thinking about the risk to others. She was never phased when I told her I have it even giving her the facts but this leads me to believe she doesn’t see it as a big of a deal than I always have. 

My current girlfriend would just tell me to leave it to her, and I don’t want me getting involved to cause any issues between us but I feel it’s my moral duty.

Any advice welcomed 🙂 

@chapstick1520 I know, and this is what others would tell me too. In my new relationship I was honest from the start and we’re stronger for it. With my ex I didn’t tell her immediately but later down the line after we’d been intimate (wrong of me I know) but I somehow feel this could convince her it’s okay to do the same. I’ve learn from it but I’m not sure she has.