• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How to live with herpes

Chick

The virus affects everyone differently and also depends on which type that you have. HSV1 is supposed to have less outbreaks after the initial compared to HSV2. As time goes by the immune system learns to recognize and naturally suppressive the virus. For some they don't have any or very mild symptoms for others they have frequent  symptoms. Some people report what triggers there symptoms. Usually, something that weakens the immune system just enough for the virus to get the chance to reactivate. 

Some have found good results in suppressive antiviral therapy. Some have gone the natural or homeopathic route. I am currently using Lion's Mane and Bee Propolis in an effort to strengthen the immune system and control my symptoms which are mostly in the form of nueropathy like burning, itching and other stuff.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of trial and error from person to person. What works for some doesn't work for others. You should try some different things and also look for possible triggers. 

I'm sure others on the forum can add from their experiences of what might be helpful. 

The other thing is that their are some things in the pipeline that are being worked on and could be available in a five or so years. It has taken way too long to get an effective therapeutic or cure but we have to remain hopeful that it will come.

Good luck in managing and coping with your OB's 

Mine never stop, every 9 to 12 days, I have tired everything, im strugglig so bad i don't know what to do, im running out of ideas to try, im afraid if i stop trying im going to end my life. By trying different things it just gives me the most miniscule amount of hope something will work. im so sad and lonely. I dont want to spend my life alone but no one could ever accept me like this. 

@Gemini 444There is a trial for Pritlivir signing up. This could work for you. It is a new antiviral drug in development. Here is the info to sign up.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/clinical-trials/pritelivir-versus-foscarnet-for-the-treatment-of-acyclovir-resistant-mucocutaneous-hsv-prioh-1

As long as you have hope you can keep living and there is always hope. There is someone who can love and accept you out there. You also have to love and accept yourself. ❤️ 

7 hours ago, Seeker1960 said:

@Gemini 444There is a trial for Pritlivir signing up. This could work for you. It is a new antiviral drug in development. Here is the info to sign up.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/clinical-trials/pritelivir-versus-foscarnet-for-the-treatment-of-acyclovir-resistant-mucocutaneous-hsv-prioh-1

As long as you have hope you can keep living and there is always hope. There is someone who can love and accept you out there. You also have to love and accept yourself. ❤️ 

Thank you, i will look into this but because i dont get leisions i doubt they will let me participate 😣

On 12/16/2022 at 9:01 AM, Seeker1960 said:

@Gemini 444 What type of HSV do you have 1 or 2? How long have you had it? What kind of symptoms do you have?

I have both, i think i always had 1 but caught 2 20yrs ago, my hsv1 cold sores have decreased over time and my hsv2 has increased over time to the point now where im having constant outbreaks for past past 4 years. 

On 12/16/2022 at 9:01 AM, Seeker1960 said:

@Gemini 444 What type of HSV do you have 1 or 2? How long have you had it? What kind of symptoms do you have?

My visable symptoms are almost unnotcible, its happens only at the tip of my pee hole, i get shooting leg pain behind my right knee for 1 day and next 4 to 5 days i have a tingle or a tiny insect like sting 7 or 8 times a day. I have 1 or 2 days in between when i notice nothing then it repeats