• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

My first herpes disclosure since testing positive

I had to jump on here and share a positive story!!! I recently started seeing someone, and we’ve hung out a handful of times. He invited me to a NYE event and also got us a hotel (with two beds), and confirmed he didn’t want me to feel pressured into having sex right away. However, I felt that I needed to tell him my status since there was an off chance that NYE could go that way. I didn’t want to be in the throws of things and have him make a drunken decision that he later regretted. Today he invited me to watch him play hockey, and afterwards we grabbed some food. 

I had been hyping myself up all morning to have that talk. After we had food we walked to my car, and I asked him about NYE, and mentioned that although I know the intention is not for us to sleep together, I still wanted to talk. So I asked when the last time he was tested was and what his status was. He told me he was tested 3 months ago, and was negative. 

I WAS SO NERVOUS. 

I then told him that I was positive for HSV-2, and I told him I knew that could be a dealbreaker and I asked if he had any questions. We talked about my symptoms, and I told him that I would do whatever I could to keep him as safe as possible. I explained that I haven’t had an OB since June and that if he wanted I would happily go on suppressive meds. I explained some of the statistics. He asked me about having children and how that would impact it, and I explained as much as I could. 

he grabbed my hands pulled me in for a hug, then kissed me and told me that he liked me so much, loved spending time with me, and that we would figure it out.

I met him on a regular dating app. I still have so much adrenaline, and I can’t believe how well he took it. I had to share this because I think so many of us are worried about the rejection, and i think as long as we’re open and honest, we can allow so many good things to come into our lives. He even bought me a bracelet that says “you fucking got this” as a way to keep my head looking on the bright side of things.

I did tell him that if he changes his mind later on, that I understand and would not fault him. So we’ll see how things go, I’m leaving any of the physical intimacy and how fast that moves in his hands. I want it to be 100% at his comfort level. I’m hoping to be able to followup in a few months with more good news 🥰

• Like 3
  • 4 months later...
  • mr_hopp changed the title to My first herpes disclosure since testing positive
  • 4 weeks later...

@JespoWe’re not together. It was for other reasons. He seemed to be okay with my H status. But he had a lot of his own mental health issues that he needed to work through, and unfortunately I became his emotional punching bag. I’m back out in the dating world and I’m terrified all over again.