• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Doctor keeps saying "No" to HSV symptoms.

I explained my symptoms to a Urologist and told him about the IgG test I took. Of course, he doesn't think HSV-1 or HSV2  are causing the symptoms (of course, why would he?). He at least admitted that HSV can affect the CNS, but still didn't think that it was causing what he called a "constellation of symptoms," and then explained to me how the test works to look for the antibodies. I then had to point out that my body may have not built up the necessary antibodies to get detected. He admits that's possible and says I could take the test again in a few months to be sure and then says "But your symptoms do not sound like H, so I would expect it is still going to be negative." 

During an endoscopy, they found gastritis, which they have sent off to the lab to test for H. Pylori infection. I asked if other possible infections l could cause my symptoms or even exacerbate them and he said no. So I ask "what else could it possibly be?" Of course, he had no real answer, but stood his ground that my symptoms sound more like they're anxiety-related.

I assume this is what it was like for many in the H community?

Hello!

I am so sorry you are struggling with symptoms and getting a definite diagnosis. It can be so frustrating. 

You are so wonderful for advocating for yourself and asking questions to your doctor! 🙂 

I would definitely get retested. In the meantime, it may be helpful to log your symptoms to see if something is triggering them/worsening them, and then that is data to show your doctor. 

I am praying for you! ❤️ 

Blessings,

grace