• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Negative WB ,continue symptoms- Anyone tested but still had HSV?

After a questionable exposure I seem to have HSV symptoms that come and go but post 6 months exposure my WB from University of Washington has came back negative. 

9 days post exposure I had symptoms of Orchitis, itching, stinging, and redness on the scrotum that hasn't gone away. Over the months symptoms come and go with redness and burning sensation. 

I have tried multiple fungal cream along with steroid cream, nothing helps. 

So the question is has anyone tested negative on IGG / WB , but yet end up having HSV?

@Bloomer

Do you also test negative on western blot from university of Washington? 

I received oral to my scrotum. Nothing else. 

9 days later I had swollen testicles, tingling and sticky scrotum along with redness.

The redness in the scrotum is still there. I have symptoms that comes and go such as 

Tingling, itching in the groin and scrotum, stinging penis, itchy penis redness of the scrotum .

Don't know what else other than hsv is this.

The redness in the scrotum is still there. I have symptoms that comes and go such as 

Tingling, itching in the groin and scrotum, stinging penis, itchy penis redness of the scrotum .

The itching comes and goes but theres always some form of redness in scrotum.

The tingling in scrotum is random. Sometimes i feel like the red gets super red but i dont see any real blister...i thought i saw a small cut but idk.

Don't know what else other than hsv is this.

I took fungal meds and other cream nothing has helped. Symptoms get better than randomly they come back.

One time I noticed extreme stinging, tingling and itching then few days later scrotum turned super red.

I took IGG from labcorp and Quest - 10 times all neg for hsv 1 and 2.

I took WB from U of W and it was neg as well.

I think it's wrong because I know I've had oral hsv like 10 years ago. I haven't had an outbreak for a while but WB fail to pick it up.

Are you the same?

@tweetsoc I didn't have WB, only standard blood test in several different clinics so I can't really tell what result would be if I take WB.

Thing worth mentioning is that standard blood tests miss 25 percent od HSV1 and 8 percent of HSV 2 infection according to statistics. 

Did you try to take PCR swab while you are having redness? 

Be careful with taking steroid creams because if taken for too long, steroid cream will make more damage than good. 

What you are describing is some sort of neuropathy (of pudendal nerve). Did you discuss with your doctor how to treat symptoms you have?

No to pcr the derma said redness isn't something he can swab. He didn't think it would be helpful. The redness is there all the time.

Yeah I have some neuropathy issue going on after exposure. The only think that comes close to causing it would be hsv.

My doc has no clue and said if I want antiviral he can prescribe them otherwise hsv is harmless. 

Terri warran expert says WB I took is accurate and I should trust the results. I'm being told it it's 99.9% accurate for type 2 and 96% for type 1.

I testing neg on igg and wb. 

Could it still be hsv or something else? All my symptoms are bilateral and they move around genital.