• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Blister on tip of tongue?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @protacotaster,

Firstly, have you gotten it swabbed to make sure it's herpes? Even though you know you have HSV2, what is on the tip of your tongue might not be an actual outbreak. A lot of people might think that any abrasion in the mouth or tongue is due to herpes, but it could be from any number of things. Best to get it swabbed when it does happen to be sure.

To the wider question of whether an oral herpes outbreak signals an upcoming genital herpes outbreak, everyone's body is different, but oral herpes outbreaks and genital herpes outbreaks don't necessarily happen at the same time. They can, but one doesn't necessarily cause the other. Think of them as two different systems at play: Oral herpes lies dormant in the top of the spine while genital herpes lies dormant at the bottom of the spine. I get both genital and oral herpes outbreaks, but rarely do they both coincide.

Hope that helps!

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

• 2 weeks later...

yes, I have...  and it was negative in the past for the hsv 1....  so that's why I wonder about this if the folks that have 2 get this in the prodrome phase of things.. seems like clockwork for me...  Yea each one of us is different like you say.. so true...  Some of these people on here just seem to get the outbreak part and I'm sitting here saying to myself... All u all are lucky! 🙂