• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Diagnosed with herpes 2 months ago 😭

Yes I know it’s hard and words may not do you justice but I want you to know it gets better. It seems like the worst thing in the world but I have told people which I never ever thought I’d be capable of doing and they seemed to like me more. They seemed to have compassion, and love me for my vulnerability. In life it’s not often people are vulnerable but when you open up about a struggle another person can open up as well.people have so many things to deal with but when you have herpes you feel it’s the worst. It’s not. It’s a virus . Nonetheless you are still valuable and will get through this. ❤️

• Like 2
On 3/22/2023 at 10:52 PM, Freebirdie said:

Yes I know it’s hard and words may not do you justice but I want you to know it gets better. It seems like the worst thing in the world but I have told people which I never ever thought I’d be capable of doing and they seemed to like me more. They seemed to have compassion, and love me for my vulnerability. In life it’s not often people are vulnerable but when you open up about a struggle another person can open up as well.people have so many things to deal with but when you have herpes you feel it’s the worst. It’s not. It’s a virus .( personally I believe it can be healed but that’s for another day) nonetheless you are still valuable and will get through this. ❤️

Thankyou so much 😭

• 1 month later...

Hey there… I’m feeling better after almost a week.  The swelling has gone down greatly and I’m slowly coming out of the depression.  I would like to say that I’m almost thinking this is a benefit - it would weed out jerks who are superficial and love you for who you are. 

• Like 1

@medusakitten I hope you're doing better since you originally posted this. Could you share a bit more about your story and how you're feeling so we can have more context on how to best support you? Here's a helpful initial video to watch that gives a good overview of the facts and starts to delve into the "Opportunity" mindset: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKgY2cxEz08

@PoppiVera I'm glad to hear that you're feeling a bit better after what I'm sure was a tough week. It's completely normal to feel depressed and overwhelmed after receiving a diagnosis, and it's great that you're taking some time to process your emotions.

It's also wonderful to see that you're finding some positivity in this situation. It's true that having a herpes diagnosis can help to weed out people who are only interested in superficial aspects of a relationship. It's a way to filter out the people who aren't willing to look beyond a skin condition and see the amazing person that you are. You deserve to be loved and accepted for who you are, and this diagnosis doesn't change that.

And you're onto something there. I playfully call it "The Relationship Filter" 😏 ... 
https://www.herpesopportunity.com/post/herpes-rejection-as-a-relationship-filter

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

• mr_hopp changed the title to Diagnosed with herpes 2 months ago 😭
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2023 at 8:47 PM, PoppiVera said:

Hey there… I’m feeling better after almost a week.  The swelling has gone down greatly and I’m slowly coming out of the depression.  I would like to say that I’m almost thinking this is a benefit - it would weed out jerks who are superficial and love you for who you are. 

Weed out the jerks..Love this! With my recent outbreak of over 30 years, I forgot how painful those outbreaks are. What a relief it was when the meds kicked in and the swelling went down.  Hang in there medusakitten. You learn to evolve for a lack of better words. I have my moments of doubt if falling in love again is real. stay connected to this forum. As they say in AlAnon.."keep coming back, it works". 

• Like 1
On 5/1/2023 at 8:47 PM, PoppiVera said:

I like weed out the jerks too...good for you .