• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Chlamydia Positive + HSV 2 Positive

Hi. I went to Labcorp this week to get a full STD panel and I came back with Chlamydia Positive and HSV 2 positive. I have tested positive for chlamydia in the past, cured it, and then tested negative for it. I tested just because but I have no symptoms, sores, ulcers, or tingling in my vaginal area.

These were my results for the HSV 2:

HSV 2 IgG
15.10 (index: 0.00-0.90)
ABOVE HIGH NORMAL

I was reading that when you test positive for one STD especially gnorrhea or chlamydia, then it will alter herpes false positives.

I am taking the medicine for chlamydia, but what are your thoughts?

My partner and I showed negative on our HSV test in February, and now that chlamydia is present we tested positive. I can’t retest until May 15th, but I’m driving myself crazy. My friend had also tested positive for chlamydia and herpes, but then retested after the chlamydia and tested negative. I have cried for the past two days and lost 5 pounds. I have research the whole internet it seems like and can’t find any answers.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply @Meerkat_7! 🙏

And I'm sorry you're feeling overwhelmed and confused — totally understandable, though! We've certainly all been there in our own personal versions of overwhelmed and confused, so you're in good company. 😉

It's important to note that while testing positive for one STD can affect the accuracy of other test results, the herpes IgG test is generally considered to be pretty reliable. However, false positives can happen, especially when the index value is just slightly above the cutoff point.

It's great that you're already taking medicine for the chlamydia and addressing that issue. As for the herpes diagnosis, it's important to confirm the results with a follow-up test to rule out any potential false positives. I know waiting until May 15th (now just a few days away) may have felt like an eternity, but try not to let it consume you. Stress can often exacerbate symptoms and make things feel worse.

It's also important to have open and honest communication with your partner. While it's possible to transmit herpes even without visible symptoms, it's still a good idea to discuss the situation and decide together how to proceed with any sexual activity. Remember, herpes is very common and manageable, and it doesn't have to define your life or your relationships.

In the meantime, take care of yourself and focus on self-care. Eat nourishing foods, stay hydrated, and engage in activities that bring you joy and relaxation. Don't hesitate to reach out for support if you need it. You got this!

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

• mr_hopp changed the title to Chlamydia Positive + HSV 2 Positive